Green Policy Statement
Awarded the Prestigious “Charles M. Pankow Award” for innovative technology from the Civil Engineering Research Foundation, Earth Friendly Chemicals leads the environmentally safe revolution with advanced and cutting-edge products. We have stayed committed to the critical areas of innovation, design and delivery, which have established us as a market leader, and our products continue to deliver on that commitment.
Our products are the hallmark of cutting edge thinking brought to life by people committed to providing quality products that not only keep performance levels at their highest – but do so while keeping our ecosystem safe. We recognize our products have a direct effect on the local and regional environment. In that spirit we continually strive to bring green thinking and actions to our community.
Our green policy requires us to constantly look for ways to improve our green credentials; we are achieving this by forming a steering group to explore ways to achieve our statement’s promises and to combine our ideals with other eco-friendly organizations As a green company providing environmentally responsible products, we strive to continually re-evaluate and look to improve our green policies and practices; encouraging environmentally responsible practices that yield a less negative impact upon our environment both locally as well as globally.
We are therefore committed to reducing any potential harm caused to the user and our environment. Thereby we promote green safety and technology for generations to come. We strive to leave less of a footprint for our younger generations to manage.
Our office environment policy and practice is paralleled with our green policy striving for the highest codes of practice on waste management and environment protection. Our focus will be:
• Waste minimization and management
• Optimizing opportunities to reduce, reuse and recycle products and goods
• Re-evaluate products destined for the trash can
As our green culture becomes more established and embedded, we aim to:
• Encourage our staff to be responsible, corporate green activists
• Optimize energies and use water sparingly
• Consider environmental impacts in our purchasing
• Endeavour to work with partner organizations that share our green values
• Reduce the need for transport thereby reducing carbon impact on the environment
What we are already doing:
• We reuse, or recycle, all of our incoming packaging materials (cardboard, polystyrene/cereal based beads, shredded paper, air bags, etc).
• We minimize our use of paper. Our product information, job vacancies, and key information about our company and products are readily available on the Internet. The increasing use of e-mail greatly reduces the amount of paper used in hard-copy correspondence, envelopes, and letters. Processing information electronically is also much more energy and carbon-efficient than physically sending hard copies.
• We have installed multi-functional devices (for faxing, printing and photocopying) to reduce energy and paper usage.
• We only purchase paper that is FSC accredited paper.
• We supply recycle bins for our office paper.
• Our consumption of fuel and energy is closely monitored to assure that it is not wasted through inefficiency or carelessness. For example, we use signage to remind staff to turn off lights when leaving a room, and ask staff to use computers responsibly, i.e., turning them off at night and using the stand-by mode during the day.
• We recycle our old computers and will continue to do so throughout the IT replacement strategy.
• We recycle mobile phones and printer cartridges.
• We recycle the fluorescent light tubes used in the office.
• We have reduced the amount of our landfill waste by recycling waste material, either in-house or through working in conjunction with others who are able to use the material constructively.
• We are ensuring that any new building/refurbishment plans adhere to current environmental standards and energy conservation requirements.
What we intend to do in the future:
• We will encourage staff and visitors to recycle bottles, plastics and aluminum cans by locating recycling bins at strategic points throughout the office.
• Purchase our electricity from suppliers re-investing in renewable energy sources.
• Where possible, we will choose to source our materials from suppliers who operate in an environmentally friendly manner and who are geographically local to us to reduce delivery miles.
• We will continue to encourage carpooling and use of mass transit.
• We will develop conservation projects with partners that will benefit our employees and customers.
• We will encourage our business partners to strive for the same high level of environmental care by offering environmental suggestions and free product samples.
• We will encourage web links to sites promoting sensible and sustainable attitudes towards the environment, renewable energy, etc.
• We will work with local communities to encourage their active participation in environmental projects devised by eco-partners
• We will encourage the reuse of copy paper before binning it for recycling.
It is our intention to always operate our business in an environmentally friendly way.